The Founders Circle recognizes deferred gifts designated for the Great Lakes Council's Endowment Fund. Donors are recognized for gift commitments with a minimum value of $100,000 made through:
- Bequest in a will or codicil
- Charitable trusts, such as unitrusts, annuity trusts, and lead trusts.
- BSA Gifts Annuities or BSA Pooled Income Fund gifts
- Life insurance / retirement plan designation
- Other deferred gifts approved by the local council
There are four levels of membership in the Founders Circle:
Bronze $100,000 minimum gift commitment
Silver $250,000 minimum gift commitment
Gold $500,000 minimum gift commitment
Platinum $1,000,000 minimum gift commitment
The early founders of the BSA had the vision and commitment to make Scouting the #1 youth organization in the world. In that spirit, we honor the modern-day visionaries who qualify for the Founders Circle in their commitment to perpetuate the visions and beliefs of those founders.